Sunday, 31 January 2016

The Craft Barn: Weekly Challenge

The new theme for the weekly challenge at the
Craft Barn is Triplets

I've got this little tray with x-mas deco pieces a while back and it's perfect for this project as it has 3 compartments. 
I painted the tray with a blue effect-paint. I cut out 3 white corrugated board squares, then cut out and coloured 3 cardboard squares with 3 different Distress Inks, cut out 3 acetate squares and used a Xyron stickermaker to adhere 3 lighthouse stamps to the acetate. 
Then I assembled all pieces together using foam pads and glued each square into one compartment of the tray. As a final touch I added the little shells to each compartment. 

I love lighthouses so this one will go into our bathroom as it kind of fits the theme of the room. This was good fun and I enjoyed making this a lot. 
Thanks for looking :)

Thursday, 28 January 2016

Craft Barn "Alpha/Dictionary" Challenge

The 2nd letter for the Craft Barn challenge is "Q". A bit tricky, but in the end I went for the word "Question". 

I made a colour wash background with Distress Inks and used several stamps and stencils. 
Then I stamped question marks all over the page. I coloured the chipboard letters and again used a stamp on the chipboards. 
Finally I stamped and embossed another question mark and added the definition. 
Again this was good fun. 

Thanks for looking :)

Saturday, 23 January 2016

Craft Barn "Alpha/Dictionary" Challenge

Happy New Year :) 

The new theme for the Craft Barn's challenges is "Alpha/DIctionary" and the first letter is "B". Go check it out, it sounds interesting. So I decided to play along and see if I can make it till the end this year. :) 
I've decided to go for the word "Botany" and I will make journal pages which I'll bind at the end.
For the background I made a colour wash from 3 different Distress Inks and stamped the leaves all over the page in VersaFine. I've used a grass stamp as a border. 
Then I used some fern stamps for the distressed squares and adhered them to the left side of the page. I used some letter sticker for the word Botany and glued them on a piece of jute and added the definition of Botany below. After that I added some paper ribbon as a border on top and bottom of the page and another stamped leaf in the bottom corner. 
I haven't been crafting over the last months, so this was good fun and I hope to get back into things :)
Okay, off to see what everybody else did. 
Thanks for looking :)