Pages

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Journal 52 - Week 1

While visiting BIeubeard & Elizabeth's blog I came across this cool blog called Journal 52 hosted by Chelle Stein.
Every week for a year she will give prompts for an art journal page. They are already at week 20, but I will try to catch up.
Since I'm not on Facebook or Flickr, I will just publish it here. 

Just for me or whoever will visit.
Feel free to leave a comment if you like. :)
So, here are my first two pages. 


1. Cover page


For the background I used three different pan pastel colours and then doodled the border and the swirls. I've written the letters and the number in Word and printed them out.
 
********************************************************************************
 
Week 1 : Up, Up and away

This is Chelle's prompt: "Think of some things that float or fly through the air – a hot air balloon, a butterfly, an airplane, a bird, clouds, or even a made-up creature from your imagination. Draw, paint, collage (or a combination of all these!) – what “Up, Up, and Away!” means to you. For some, it could be about finding your wings or learning to fly or letting go or setting dreams off to flight…whatever you can imagine!"

I'd love to have more time to see all the great places in the world and go up, up and away from everything.
So here's my take on it:
Again, I used Pan Pastels for the background and added different collage elements to the page.

1 comment:

  1. It couldn't have happened at a worse time. I have been offline for three days. And I'm NEVER offline that long. But my internet has been very uncooperative with me.

    I'm here now, though, and I'm delighted that you will also be posting to your blog. I'll be by often to check out your progress. I only have two pan pastels, but I have to fix them before I can do anything else on the page. You have done a fantastic job, and I really like your first page and cover. I see you are doing yours in a journal. I look forward to seeing how it turns out after 52 weeks.

    Thanks for joining. The more the merrier (who are NOT on Facebook or Flickr). I hope you are able to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Very much appreciated. :)